Pages

Monday, May 07, 2018

Daffodils

A neighbour offered me some flowers the other day. He didn't know that daffodils have a special meaning for me, and that makes his gesture even more special. Ever since he had a shoulder injury, I've been walking his two dogs for him every day, and it's done me a world of good. I can't afford to keep a dog and these two make up for it.



On one of my walks, I was thinking about my situation and that I feel embarrassed when someone offers me help, when I realized something -- you get back what you put out into the world. When I had, I used to give freely those who needed it; now that I don't have, there are friends who are giving back. They're not the same people I helped but it proves the point. It comes back to you one way or another.



“All shall be well, all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.” - Dame Julian of Norwich





3 comments:

  1. You have a big heart Colette. I wish all that is good to come to you.
    Lynn xx
    Ps. I’ve just been reading your bird article in the last issue of Sew Somerset. You are always inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope things go well for you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely flowers + green pottery vase = beautiful composition
    Happy wishes for a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.