Pages

Thursday, May 03, 2018

 I don't mind telling you, it's been a week from hell.

Just as I put out a couple of little fires, a bigger one happened. After taking some deep breaths, I looked for the positives - there's always a positive to every negative - and took appropriate action. Then I contacted a family member in Europe who is in a position to help with the issue, who emailed me promptly and told me to hang tight and that he would look into it, then called an old friend in San Diego who never fails to calm me down and make me feel safe, and then mentally listed what I like to call my gratitudes.

I have learned to overcome the feeling of being alone in the world. I've learned to take whatever action I can take, to help myself, but also to reach out to the right people. And to reciprocate.


So all this interrupted the work I was doing and my work space is a mess, the mess that happens when I've making art.


My mantra at the moment is: This too shall pass and all will be well.






Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

4 comments:

  1. So sorry you're having a rough time! Hope things are much better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holding on, keeping my spirits up. I miss you and my OKC friends. xo

      Delete
  2. Hang in there Colette your blog friends are sending good vibes down the line to you.
    Love Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not been to visit your blog for a while and was sorry to read that you've been going through a tough time, hoping all is going better now for you. I loved the line you wrote 'the mess that happens when I've making art' - I think I'm going to use it next time someone comments on the state of the house - I've been making art! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.