Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

A dead battery and the weather

Last Saturday we got hit by a surprise ice storm followed by rain. The worst part were the high winds, coming from the east. My home faces east so I got the full brunt of it. The wind created some very strange noises, especially the one that sounded like a foghorn. This went on for 24 hours; it was hard to stay calm with nerves on edge.

I did a little stitching, trying out some embroidery.



I also discovered that my land line wasn't working at full speed. It turns out that the phone is connected to the modem, along with Internet and TV, and has a battery in it for backup during outages. We didn't have an outage but...the phone is dependent on the battery no matter what. I'm unable to call people on their cell phones (although I can receive their calls) but I can connect to other land lines.

As I wait for the new battery, I think how simple it was when the phone was independent and not reliant on some battery that you have to replace every 2 years.

Be safe, wherever you are.

 


Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful piece. I don't like high winds either, and we have a lot of that kind of weather up on this hill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debra. I don't mind the winds so much but this time it was making some unusual and freaky noises.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.