Pages

Friday, April 20, 2018

Monoprints

In the last couple of days my practice consisted of monoprinting. I wanted to make some painted papers to tear up and use for collages (if I ever get around to that  - haha!)


I made a series of monoprints some years ago and saved the masks and stencils.




 And used some of them again for the painted papers idea.


 This one is on thin, but very strong, Japanese paper. It may not go into the collage painted papers pile; I think it can stand on its own.

 



Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

1 comment:

  1. Love your Mono prints! I am on my way to make some painted papers as well. Love to have them on hand. You have inspired me to give these mono prints some play time!
    xx
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.