Pages

Monday, March 31, 2008

When work is fun


I've never worked harder in my life, but the difference is that I enjoy every minute.

Yesterday I went to BizzyB to find most of my rubber stamps had sold and I have a nice chunk of change in store credit. So I got Somerset Workshop and did some waxing following Hanne Matthiesen's instructions. I had a little wax left from an experiment long ago, so I used it up and came up with this. I stamped on a piece of muslin, then dipped it into the wax, then ironed it onto old paper. I really like the effect, although the subject matter was random -- I didn't "think" because I was just experimenting.
Interesting what happens when you don't "think"!








5 comments:

  1. Oooh, I really like this -- very mysterious. Is this a new Somerset Workshop? Volume 4? or is it the pink one, volume 3? I haven't bought anything in so long that I've forgotten what is coming out ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I THINK it turned out great! It's fun to see what happens when you experiment..!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do these mysteries happen when one doesn't think about them? I love this piece because it has that mystery! We touched on this subject in one of our conversations on the phone I think. Letting things go...and how they come back and inspire. You are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:01 p.m.

    To Martha - and who else it might concern: the wax treatment is described in Somerset Workshop no.4 (the pale lilac - not the pink one) that was released just a few days ago.

    You´re welcome to contact me and show me if you start a wax-project of your own. I consider arranging a small "Gallery" at Flickr!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this effect Colette. And I am sure it smelt wonderful as you created it too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.