Pages

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Around the house


Actually I live in an apartment, a large one. It's the best apartment I've ever had, not only because it's spacious, but also because I have a huge balcony that I can turn into a garden in the spring and summer months, and because it overlooks a small park, beyond which is a ravine. There are a lot of birds around, squirrels and the occasional chipmunk too. All this in the middle of one of North America's largest cities.

I like to create tablescapes, change them periodically, move them around. I like to use my little treasures and look at them every day. This one is on one of my three favorite pieces of furniture, a black, slightly distressed Nantucket console.

The chair is another piece I love. My friend Ramona gave it to me before she left for Florida, where she's living at the moment. Hope springs eternal that she'll return one of these days. I miss her (Miigwetch, Ramona!). Behind the chair is a collage made by another friend, Lauren Mumford, with whom I traded collages.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Colette! Thanks for your very kind comments! I'm glad you've found my site through the wonderful Corey and I'm glad I've now found yours. I'm sure your pain au chocolat was better than what we have today. I love your tablescapes/vignettes. So creative and beautiful! I'll be checking back regularly, although am about to travel for a week. I'll add your link to my blog. All the best,
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Just found you through paris parfait (which I also just found). What fun. Gotta love this blogging. I love your site and love your pictures, your artwork and your decor. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.