Pages

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Flagrant désirs


When I was a child, at four o'clock in the afternoon we would have a snack, and it was usually pain au chocolat. Not the chocolate-stuffed croissant that's so popular these days, but the real thing: A piece of chocolate (we were given dark chocolate) placed inside a piece of bread (French bread, crusty on the outside, almost empty in the inside). It was heavenly.

This is my current favorite chocolate. It's dark, smooth as silk, and just sweet enough.

4 comments:

  1. Bread and Chocolate rules our house too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to know that some things never change ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh ! This is something I have done in secret - pairing the chocolate with a fresh piece of french bread ! I have never even mentioned it thinking it was too sinful to even share the notion ! And where would it have come from but my little glutinous side ? So now what am I ? a reincarnated French Canadian ?

    Love, S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it in the open now! You must have been a little Parisian girl in another life!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.