Pages

Monday, April 20, 2020

Week 4 of self-isolation

We are making memories.

Every day at 7:30 p.m., the hospitals' shift changes, and every day at that hour all over the city people come out on their balconies and front doors to bang pots and pans, cheer, clap, and lately there's even been a foghorn, to support our healthcare workers.

We have our share of troubles but I am incredibly grateful to be living under a very caring and proactive federal government. I give thanks daily.

Indoors, I'm triaging old artwork. I came across this one, acrylic and oil bar on stretched canvas, that I painted in the last century (haha!).

Dans le Midi (South of France)


 And this one, acrylic and collage

 

 Be well. Stay Home. Wash your hands. xoxo


 


Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

2 comments:

  1. Olette, you are fortunate to be an artist in a progressive country!
    ... triaging old artwork is good task in these strange days.I have multitudes and have also made some face masks for my occasional marketing days and experimenting with well worn tee shirts, bandanas and painted "fat eigths" and the rubber bands that appear each morning around our daily paper.
    be well, Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Collette, I wanted to say I'm thinking of you during this time.
    Love Nita

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.