Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2016

When exasperation works.... I drew the outlines of the sunflowers, then I began painting them with gouache. The only yellow in my gouaches was an insipid lemon yellow. I wanted something deeper, so I mixed some paints.

When I applied it, I didn't like it. I removed as much as I could and tried again. Worse -- it got muddy.

I was about to throw it away when I picked up a square paintbrush and used up the brown/black mixture. It was a way to let off steam, I suppose. Brush, brush, pow, take that!

Instead of wrecking the painting, this happened. I added a touch of red and decided to keep it.


So here's the thing: I didn't care what happened, I switched off my thoughts, I let go.
There's a lesson in that.

 



Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.