Pages

Monday, July 18, 2016

I worked on this painting for about a week. "Work" includes putting it aside and looking at it now and then, knowing that I'm uncertain about it, and waiting for the answer. One thing I'm grateful for is that my ego is not wrapped up in my work. If I don't like something I've made, or, come to that, if anyone else doesn't like something I made, it doesn't really matter.  I work on it, or I let it go and start something new.

I drew these flowers on canvas.


I got this far, then I stopped. I wasn't sure where to go next in terms of colour. When I went back to it, something was bothering me but I didn't know what.



While working on the flower pot I realized that the yellow of the flowers was bothering me. Much as I liked the muted, chalky look, it wasn't working for me. So I added another, brighter, shade of yellow and some magenta mixed with white.









Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.