Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

 Last night I sorted out the papers that have piled up over the years:all kinds of vintage and antique papers, postcards and envelopes, photos and ... oh, there you are!! my little tintype collection. I also went through a folder where I've been saving those free art papers from Somerset Studio. This one was by Sally Jean, whose collage work I love and I got to tell her so in person a few years ago. I didn't want to cut it up, so I used it as background to a drawing.


 Then there was this handwritten letter sometime in the 1950s that started with the greeting: Howdy. I folded it into a boat and glued it to a piece of painted mat board.

Sail away!

 
Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.