Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

Time is accelerating; it's strange how this happens at this time of year. I have a few Christmas cards left to send out, some shopping, and it's all over.

Meanwhile, on my work table, I spent a night and a day gluing many layers of tissue and old paper to create a substrate, then drew and painted on it. I really like the effect.




The layering of tissue papers technique is from LK Ludwig's book, Mixed Media Nature Journals.


Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! I am feeling the time accelerating as well. It feels that I've been perpetually stuck at work (you know the day job, not the crafty work). I haven't even send my Christmas cards. I did make Christmas ornaments, using your stamps. And I am sending those out along with my card. Take care, and if I don't stop by your blog before, have a very nice Christmas and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice collage!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.