Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

On screen:

Most overused and lame expression of the moment: This wasn't supposed to happen. Well, that's because you don't think ahead, you don't think about consequences. I find this especially grating when a character on TV says this after killing someone. Who writes this stuff??

And then there's the expression I need you to do [whatever]. Why so needy? That's what comes across for me, neediness, and I want to say don't be so needy, be a bit more self-reliant.  Even the British have adopted this expression. I hear it on British programs all the time. What happened to Could you please do this for me.

Online:

The simplest craft I've come across so far is over at Sweet Paul. A vintage book becomes a photo holder.  It took 5 minutes, great result.



Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

5 comments:

  1. My first time visiting your site, and I had a lovely visit. The book photo holder looks great. I love the quote you have in the side bar by Carl Gorman. I will return another day for a visit.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:46 p.m.

    Love your blog - it goes great with my morning tea break! :)

    If someone says "could you please...." people say no. Especially if women are asking. Even though it's 2011, so much obsequiousness & gender miscommunication.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is such a great idea! there is so much one can do with old books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, but I might have trouble folding an old book likr that, unless it happened to be a shorthand text or something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea, Colette! Love these easy peasy projects :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.