Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Rescue me

I made this collage some days ago, using layers of old paper. When it was finished, I didn't like it. Something was wrong it; there was a layer of tissue showing that I didn't like because it didn't go with everything else. I covered it with other paper elements and photographed it (photos give me a backup idea of what something will look like), but it still didn't work. So I set it aside, knowing that in the fullness of time, I would know what to do with it, even it it meant discarding it (although I would preserve the old photo because I love it so much.
       Last night, my shadow-self picked up a pair of scissors and cut out the centre, then stitched fabric and lace on it. I photographed it, and put it aside until this morning.
       This morning, I signed it. It worked and I liked it very much. I sign my pieces only when they're finished.

The French note is signed by a dress maker

8 comments:

  1. a true artist does just that! although, I do not sign any of my own pieces, I guess I should get to crackin on that! but that collage is simply pristine!
    xoxo wren

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great piece, Colette. I like it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! I use to sign my work, now I'm thinking of a symbol. So glad you pushed onward~ xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when you can rescue a piece. It's like something hanging over your heart that you need to come to terms with in order to liberate yourself. (Of course, it's always ongoing, isn't it?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful collage. Thanks for your thoughtful comment on my blog. Hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shadow self has a wisdom of it's own, doesn't it? I love that you took those scissors and cut it right in the center. The end result is marvelous...kind of a play between your selves with the lace and the jagged cutting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.