Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday's child

Over the years, I've collected some very nice cabinet cards and old photos. I added a couple of tintypes to my collection, not really knowing what I would do with them. I also have a small collection of printer's blocks.

So I pulled out a No. 1 printer's block, trimmed the tintype photo, and this is the result. I really, really love it!

She may have been very restricted in those days, but time has gone by and her descendants have freedoms that she could only dream about.

Printer's block, tintype, watchface.

7 comments:

  1. excellent combination of goodies, this really let's the imagination kick in...i see the suffragette's. those strong, bold women of the 18th century that stood united to a common goal of freedom for women's right to vote...and all freedom's that have flowed from their brave determination!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. simply chic and gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a brilliant piece, Colette. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorites! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. quite beautiful, Colette!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.