Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Treasure hunting

My friends Jc and Dani gave me a wonderful gift yesterday -- they took me with them to Gadabout, a little shop on Queen St. East, crammed to the gills with vintage treasures of all kinds. I'd heard about Gadabout some years ago but never made the long trek there on the streetcar, since I don't have a vehicle. (If you wait long enough, good things do happen!!)

I picked up a few things, but when I got home I realized one item was missing. They didn't charge me for it, so it must have fallen off my little pile on their desk. Still, I'm very happy with my treasures, and especially to have see the place for myself. It is definitely a favourite haunt.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day. I use to live in the Beach and it's a lovely way to spend a Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These finds are wonderful; How fun and so worth the wait! I am happy your friends grabbed you took you to Gadabout~
    Just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it all!! specially the lady in the photo and those gorgeous roses! lucky girl you!
    now, you can take yourself on the streetcar anytime you wish!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty things, lovely photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely treasures they are. What a special treat for your friends to do for you. Happy creating...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, lovely treasures! Going to a store like Gadabout is such a delightful treat for me! I especially love those roses...just beautiful and not easy to find anymore.

    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love all your little treasures =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great, great finds, Colette.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.