Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Suddenly it's summer


Summer has returned to Toronto, the old-fashioned kind -- subtropical. (At least, this year, we cut down on air-conditioning costs.) I can't say I've missed it much; I seem to feel better in cooler weather. End of obligatory Canadian weather talk.


I am happy to report that for all my working the last couple of days on some projects, my work area is still respectable and that's solely due to the new shelving, especially the cabinets. Everything has its place, and after use it all goes back into its place. Bliss!


A nod to Martha Stewart: I've been wanting to make fabric strawberries, but couldn't figure out the how until I found the pattern and instructions on Martha Stewart's website. I practised with a couple, then started cutting into my red velvet. A little wonky, to be sure...



2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:37 p.m.

    ........and it looks good enough to eat!!!

    Who's been a busy girl then!....AND your workspace is still tidy!!!....I AM impressed!!! I think I shall have to take a leaf out of your book!

    Anon the Elder.....OXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. THat;s okay..real strawberries are wonky!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.