Pages

Monday, August 10, 2009

In the sticky, humid aftermath of last night's spectacular thunderstorm, or as the CBC News put it: "a thunderstorm of operatic proportions," with more to come, it seems, I went out and did my chores, all of them.

Tomorrow I'm going to see Julie and Julia. This is one movie I would have wanted to see with my friend Julie, and old friend and foodie buddy with whom I worked on several food magazines a lifetime ago. But Julie lives in Santa Barbara -- wait, I was cleaning out some boxes filled with old correspondence and I came across a letter from mystery writer Sue Grafton (a fantastic person I met in New Orleans...but that's another story), and I see her return address is...Santa Barbara!

Back to the topic. I am making it official here so that I don't get sidetracked and decide not to go to the movie. I need to do something nice for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.