Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Around town


I pushed myself out the door yesterday and ended up in Yorkville. I wanted to inhale some exotic pastries at Pusateri (in some things I have iron-clad willpower, something that is not easy at the Pusateri pastry counter although the horrific prices help), then went across the road to browse in Anthropologie. All thoughts of those little chocolate soufflés were very quickly dispelled by the props. Yes, the props. I only had eyes for the props: a row of antique pairs of little sabots from France, antique file boxes also from France, bundles of antique newspapers tied in string, some furniture.... I got intoxicated. It's a good thing the props aren't for sale because I could have gone into massive debt without a second thought.

Meanwhile, I have new listings on eBay today.

If anyone is looking for me, I'll be at the bookstore 4 - 9 p.m.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:45 p.m.

    ......'intoxicated and could go into massive debt without a second thought'.....describes just how I feel when I see what you have been creating.!.....I could quite happily line my walls with the whole lot!!!

    I can't believe that I am able to leave a comment. My PC seems to have sorted itself out at long last! Eureka!

    Happy wishes......Anon the Elder.....OXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Go back and take pictures of the props!
    I want to see!
    I want to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Massive debt without a second thought." Wow I remember those day when we did that. Always charging. Those days ended and now we are debt free.Hooray! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.