Pages

Monday, May 04, 2009

Resting mind and body


This weekend, I shut down the computer. Except for checking and answering emails, and a little bit of business, I gave it a rest.


Mind and body needed a rest too, although gluing, sewing, and thinking did not get a rest (but that's more therapeutic than anything....). I thought I might do a few essential things I really need to do, but those things didn't get done. They will be -- they always do.


I discovered a couple of natural remedies that seem to work for my resistant bod: lemon balm tea and grated whole apple.


Lemon balm is soothing and taken at bedtime promotes sleep. But here's the thing. One tea bag is a waste. I found in one of my books that you need 2 - 4 teaspoons of dried lemon balm per cup for it to effective. I couldn't find loose dried lemon balm, but I did find tea bags, and it took three bags to a cup of water to get the desired dose. I did get some fresh lemon balm, though, and threw it into a salad.


For me, barometric headaches, especially when thunderstorms are happening, can sometimes be accompanied by mild nausea. I used gingerbeer (because it has more ginger in it that ginger ale), shaken until the fizz is gone (my pharmacist gave me that tip), and sipped it. It works. Then my friend Sandra sent me another remedy that also works: grated apple, skin and all.


I wish you a beautifully healthy week!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:05 p.m.

    ....so pleased it worked Colette...but be careful...the remedy doesn't include grated fingers!!!

    I am off now to track down a crate of Ginger Beer!....Oh!... and a sackcloth! Know anyone with a spare one?

    Lovely little collage!!!

    Anon the Elder......OOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are Amazing! that is why I love you~ xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if you like awards but I would like to give you one. I love your blog...you can pick it up at http://annaclotandme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having a couple of days off from thinking about what you should and have to do always rejuvenates the soul.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.