Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2008

A good week


It's been a really good week, for which I am grateful.

My sales are up -- a huge thank you to my customers -- so my budget is a little more comfortable, and I'm working on some items for GreenCraft, a new eco magazine from Stampington that's due to make an appearance next year.

Yesterday I had an appointment at Women's College Hospital. Every two years (because I'm deemed to be low-risk), they send me a letter to go and have my mammogram. They take such good care of you there. It's all over in 5 minutes and you see the results on a monitor. Clean, go home. Thank you. Then a follow-up letter is sent to you confirming the results.

The election people came to the door to make sure I was on the voting list for the Federal elections next month. In Canada you don't have to register with any party to vote; you just have to be on the voters' list. It's a privilege to cast my vote, so I always do it. Someone, I forget who, asked me about our elections: We have a Parliament and a Senate. If a government is behaving badly they can be brought down by a "No Confidence" vote in Parliament and we elect a new government. If a government feels safe, it will call an election believing it will be re-elected (still a risk because it can backfire). A couple of months of campaigning and we go to the polls, and presto! a new government.

This evening I'm getting together with a couple of good friends to see The Women and have some R&R.

Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

  1. Lots of beautiful art, no wonder your etsy shop is doing so well, you have been busy.

    Still love your darling birdies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:37 a.m.

    This is beautiful!! Hope you had fun with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this heart -- is it part of a larger piece?
    I have mammograms yearly (I'm high risk). They are pretty wonderful at Mount Sinai too! I always have mine in August.
    And YAY ! -- I'm glad that your sales are up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your texture-y heart is bee u ti ful! I love the way I can almost feel it from here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, I like!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.