Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Aboriginal art and crafts at City Hall



I went downtown today to see my friend Ramona's sister at the arts and crafts show at City Hall. Sharon makes the most delicious Native jewelry, and I joined a draw for a fabulous small original painting of the sacred white buffalo.


Saturday, June 21 is National Aboriginal Day (Summer Solstice) and World Peace & Prayer Day. the Buffalo Jump Festival goes on all day at Trinity-Bellwoods Park (Queen St. West), and I hope to get there at noon for the sharing circles and -- food!! Not to mention a look at the First Nations' artists and artisans exhibits and sales.
(photos: New and Old City Hall)

3 comments:

  1. I love it when you write about your adventures. I would have loved to have been there today. Because that is right up my alley.
    I love jewelry..Especially American Indian Jewelry.
    Sending you love, Nita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!
    Your city hall buildings are beautiful! We have nothing like that here in LA!
    I hope you win the painting!
    karen b..

    ReplyDelete
  3. we celebrate winter solstice and on Saturday I am going to the Winter Magick festival! Cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.