Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

New listings


I'm listing new items on both eBay and Etsy almost every day. This stitched postcard is the latest. I used a high-res photo of my painting, My Daughter's Dress.
It looks like I'm going to be working one day a week in Elizabeth's framing shop up the road. She normally hires art students, but they're unreliable, always having to take off for something or other. So, just when I was going to ask her if she could use some help, she beat me to it and asked me.
When I was a student, I read all of Patricia Highmith's books. Her shady protagonist was a picture framer near Malmaison. I often said that when I graduated I wanted to work as a picture framer. It doesn't matter how long things take, they seem to eventually come full circle!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful story today! Love this postcard, its very special.
    Lookin forward to reading about your adventures from the farm! ;)
    x
    bonzie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.