Pages

Monday, April 07, 2008

Apronalia


I amused myself over the weekend making this apron. It's fair to say I made it up as I went along. At first it was rectangular, and then I thought why not do a curved one. You really have to be fearless to cut the fabric, but I practise what I preach. So I gave it some thought, saw it in my mind's eye, and cut it. I thought of Carol, my cookbook author friend from the Prairies, and the Prairie Café apron happened. And since I don't have a mannequin, I used my easel to display it.


On Thursday I leave for Texas. I'm really looking forward to a very long weekend with my sister. I need this getaway very badly.

3 comments:

  1. it is adorable! i especially love the little flower you added. it gives it the perfect little kick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful work you've been posting to your blog recently Colette. Actually, it's always inspiring, but I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate your blog and look forward to it. Have a wonderful time in Texas. I'll miss you on Friday night.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.