Pages

Friday, July 06, 2007

Friday' s child....


....is curious, wants to know why and how. A whole world is opening up before her. It will be full of wonder and miracles, struggles and heartbreak. Some human beings will confound her with their cruelty towards each other, and more will warm her heart with their generosity and compassion. One day she'll understand the world better, she will practise acceptance, but she will never give up her ideals. She will always remain true to herself.
Cherish your children.

9 comments:

  1. Mais oui, cher Colette! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a post that touches my heart. With two little ones of my own, I see their world opening up. I've thought these thoughts about them before. Thank you for putting it into words for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:32 p.m.

    Do you remember the little poem: "Monday's child is fair of face, Tuesday's child is full of grace..." As I recall, it said, "Friday's child is loving and giving..." Generosity and compassion, indeed. I love this piece and this entry. My daughter was a Tuesday's child, and she was, in fact, full of grace. Not so much physical grace as spiritual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you still know how to make me cry Colette~
    xoxo Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet! What a darling photo ! I also loved your landscape painting from th 4th of July post! So colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you have just captured that wonder that comes with childhood. This is a darling piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. simply beautiful---the words and the art. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:39 p.m.

    Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fridays child? that sounds like Wednesdays child too xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.