Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Bonjour mon ange


There is an angel on the facade of Reims Cathedral in Champagne, France. She has a bullet hole in her wing (from the the Second World War), but she still smiles.

The cathedral was covered in scaffolding for cleaning purposes when I was there, so I couldn't see the angel with the bullet hole. Besides she was too high up. Undeterred I blindly aimed my camera as high as I could and took a picture.

When the film was processed, there she was: smiling at me, with a bullet hole in her wing. [see angel to the right of photo]

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:07 p.m.

    Hi Colette,

    Great photo and story. Your angel must have wanted you to see her.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is indomitable...and beautiful! Gorgeous picture Colette!... Reims...is this where the ancient French kings were crowned? And champagne flows? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...what a lesson to learn about the "bullet holes" in our own lives. That is beautiful - Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Katie, what a lesson for all of us. Keep on going,,,,,,even if you have bullet holes.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:55 a.m.

    oh colette,
    she IS smiling at you and what a wonderful thing to see...I will take this as my message for today.
    wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely - the photo, the message, the serendipity! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:12 a.m.

    Ho colette I'm living in Reims... and I've not see you :)!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.