Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Book Review

The first review of my novel, Forgetting is So Long, on Amazon. I am so very grateful. 

I have to say it's also a very good description of the subject matter. I especially liked the first two sentences. When I was submitting it to the many book publishers who rejected it, one of them actually told me to rewrite the whole manuscript as a mystery novel. I was appalled that he didn't understand what the book was all about: that it was not about chasing a murderer but about the aftermath of a murder, the people left behind and how they coped with it and the rest of their lives, something that's never addressed in murder mysteries. As an editor looking for new work, he should have considered exploring that, that's part of his job. How do I know? My first job out of college was with a book publisher.

 


 


Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.