Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2018

Collage painting - final

I finished this piece this morning. 
 

I learned a few things.

"Painting" with collage paper scraps and shapes is not for the faint-hearted.

It takes a lot of planning (in your head); 
cutting, trimming, tearing, shaping your painted papers; 
working out the positioning of various elements; 
a steady hand (all those tiny scraps); patience (a lot); and glue - a lot of glue. 
And that's only the half of it.



 

Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

9 comments:

  1. Worth it though, no? I like it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a so wonderful collage Colette !! I love this so beautiful bird, its colours, its happiness.
    Happy weekend, big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was well worth the effort Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, you are right it takes planning to make it look right but I love the birdie you have created, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It DOES take a lot of planning in your head!! But the results are fabulous... x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful piece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Colette, Love this one. I like the postage stamps. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.