Pages

Friday, April 21, 2017

Waiting for paint to dry in between layers makes me impatient, so instead of being impatient, I spent that time to take photos of the process. I usually forget, but I'm getting better at it.

I started with a rough sketch with a charcoal pencil, painted the outlines with  yellow ochre, then I put down blocks of colour.

 
 Almost there
 Finished


 The Harbour, 9x12 in., acrylic (with touches of oil pastel) on paper.

Available for purchase in my Etsy shop.




Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

4 comments:

  1. It's fantastic! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm trying to slow down and make each stroke count. Always learning.

      Delete
  2. awesome... and like you, I always forget to photograph the steps!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me I like the process of taking step by step photos more than the creating of the thing itself which can sometimes be a disappointment when finished

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.