Pages

Monday, February 01, 2016

 Another wire heart, a different application.

I hammered the wire to flatten it, brushed gloss medium onto a piece of vintage dressmaking pattern tissue paper, then placed the heart on it. I covered it with another piece of tissue and let it dry.

When it was bone-dry, I trimmed the paper, brushed more medium on both sides, and let it dry again. The next step was to adhere found words and brush with more medium. The effect is beautiful but it doesn't photograph well. It reminds me of glass.


 The reverse. Because it's transparent, the words on the back of my chosen ones show up.




 Thank you for stopping by!



Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

4 comments:

  1. lovely use of materials at your table. gossamer once upon a time,i made brassfive petal flowers on a stem,covered with tissue paper and water colored the petals, sealed with clear nail polish back in the flower power days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds lovely. I like the clear nail polish for sealing. Flower power! I remember the days.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful composition, colours and idea Colette
    Lynn X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.