Pages

Monday, February 15, 2016

Many thanks to Lynn and Augusta who answered my question about this little painting: Night or day? I wasn't sure at the time. I liked both and couldn't decide. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I finished the painting two days ago, and here's what happened.

Lynn chose Night. It was how I'd begun.


 Augusta chose Day. I really liked it, but I couldn't come up with the next step (it needed something).


 Meanwhile I was lifting and adding paint to make the background more interesting, and a night sky was emerging.

 

 Two days ago, I decided on this. A night sky, stars, navigation... and being me, it turned into Rub-a-dub-dub, a man in a tub.
 

Today, Lynn wrote: "I would choose night sky with a little fishing boat perhaps." Well, Lynn, it seems we were on the same wavelength! Thank you!

August wrote: "I would choose blue on top! It reminds me of my holidays at the seaside in winter." This could inspire another painting... Thank you!



Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

1 comment:

  1. Haha wonderful Colette. I'm glad we were on the same "wave"length
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.