Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

 Twenty-five years ago, I painted on canvas. I sold from a local gallery, and privately. Then the gallery closed, another gallery didn't work out, and sales from my website were lacking. Then I discovered collage, assemblage, textile art... and painting got left behind, except for small watercolours and acrylics.

These photos are the only record of those days. If I can get my larger canvasses moving again, I want to spend more time on painting. Because I love to paint.
















Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

4 comments:

  1. I think your paintings would have made great posters.

    Alex True

    ReplyDelete
  2. Posters and fabric patterns, wouldn't that been exciting.
    How lovely to see your paintings Colette. Thanks for showing us xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, very lovely! My favorites are the ones with flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them all. I'm so glad you are going back to painting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.