Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Big painting. My canvasses are normally small/medium primarily because of space and also shipping. Some months ago, I was fortunate enough to see the Basquiat exhibition at the Art Gallery of Ontario, and I was struck by his huge canvasses, brimming with colour. A day later, I pulled out my largest canvas, 28 x 22 inches, and painted. As I painted, the phrase "I remember you" kept going through my mind. Why? It's a mystery. In any case, this was the result. At the bottom left, under the circles is my nod to Basquiat -- a crown.










Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

7 comments:

  1. I love your big painting; do more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooohhh colette! yes!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful and love the inspirational story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes to color!
    xxox,
    jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice..would love to see his work in person!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.