Pages

Tuesday, July 07, 2015

I rarely paint alongside another artist; it's usually a solitary occupation. But when a friend whose art I love suggested we paint together, I jumped at the opportunity. So we set up a table, placed large sheets of heavy watercolour paper on it and taped them down, picked our colours, and began. It got very zen, the only sounds coming from the two doglets who were wrestling with each other somewhere in the room.


DETAIL

I wasn't sure about my colour choices at first, the blues seemed cold; I softened them with shades of green and turquoise mixed with white, which was better, but even so, I wasn't sure if I liked the result.

DETAIL
So I let it sit. Sometimes things take time. Eventually I warmed up to it and today I like it enough to show it to you.



 

Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

2 comments:

  1. LOVELY work, Colette!
    The blue is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this piece more every time I see it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.