Pages

Thursday, July 02, 2015

I collect book spines, very old book spines. The older they are, the more interesting they are.

After I made this piece, I kept the scraps. The inner pages had been used for paper sculptures.


 I found this scrap (below, left) particularly beautiful -- there are so many layers and colours to it -- and combined it with cardboard and tape on a thick sheet of paper from a decrepit Victorian scrapbook.









Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

3 comments:

  1. I love this....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous work Colette !!! I like it very much!, big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love parts of old books, too! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.