Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Painting over a painting.

It's the biggest canvas I can manage in my small space: 24 in. (that's 2 feet!) by 20 in.  I had painted it years ago and it hung in the hallway until I got tired of it. So one night, I took a roller and black acrylic paint and covered it up. It sat on my easel for a few weeks, black as night, waiting for something.

Last night, this happened. I say "happened" because I had no plan, no ideas.
Except for one thought: I remember you.
What or who I was remembering, I can't say.












Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

8 comments:

  1. Its wonderful when things just happen and it works x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it interesting how those things happen... ? the thoughts that surface...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. Thoughts that can propel you....

      Delete
  3. lOVE the quote, and your painting is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love all the bright colors. Love working with them as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.