Pages

Monday, February 09, 2015

 Today, I'm sorting out countless piles of paper, all kinds of paper. When you do collage work, paper piles up faster than the speed of light. A lot of it is in the form of scraps and leftovers from projects; much of it should go into the recycle bin, but first you have to get over that I-might-need-this-in-the-future feeling. Which, of course, is why paper piles up faster than the speed of light....

 
I resist the urge to sweep it all off the table and into a garbage bag. I pick through it first and see if there's something usable right away.

Like this.


Then I take a deep breath, and ditch the leftovers.



 
Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling. I look at the tiniest piece and think 'I might use that'. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling too-I hate to think I am a hoarder, but I have stuff that hasn't seen the light of day in years....
    I love what you created with your paper. I admit to a real fondness for paper...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.