Pages

Tuesday, January 06, 2015

A little clog Story

When I was 16, at a Lycée (high school) in Paris (France), a couple of students from Sweden wore wooden clogs with leather tops. I was completely taken by them. At the time they were not available, except presumably in Sweden. A few years later, when I had a little job, I came across a pair and bought them. I was the only one around wearing them. I got many looks, mostly complimentary.

Many years later, I still love clogs. These were given to me by a dear friend recently and I wear them all the time. They're different from my original ones in that they have backs. Every time I slip them on, I remember my Swedish schoolmates.


 
  
Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

4 comments:

  1. I Love those and have a pair in Red myself. It is my 4th pair. They are wonderful and so comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore how one memory always brings about another...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. :) I recall my clogs of the 1970s, when they were a fashion must, and I was still influenced by such things. Though ... I love the look of them, so think I would have embraced them anyway.

    They are a great look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My red clogs are my favorite shoes. They always cheer me up when I wear them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.