Pages

Monday, October 06, 2014

The colour pink

It took a long time for me to use pink in my artwork. There are many shades that I dislike, especially bubble-gum and loud and neon pinks, but at the other end of the spectrum, I've always liked the washed-out, pale shades, and pinks with a touch of violet. I get another shade of pink that I like by mixing magenta with a lot of titanium white.

These paintings have the most pink I've ever used in an individual piece. The darker shades are actually red, but my camera had other ideas. It shows them as pink.

Madam Butterfly and the Tea Lady

 And so the week begins.




Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.