Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

 Patience is not a virtue I can claim; I struggle with it. But when it comes to painting, I can be as patient as the hills because I can paint or sew something else.

I painted this canvas last year. I knew something was missing, but I didn't know what. I put it away and forgot about it.  The other day, I came across it and placed it on my easel. It definitely needed something. As I was sorting out some other work I saw a collage with a blackbird in flight. A little bell rang in the back of my head, out came the black paint and the bird flew into the painting.

Last of the Summer Wine, acrylic on canvas, 11 x 14 inches

 

Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.