Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The project that I'm working at the moment on is about word association, so words were on my mind when I took a break and decided to transfer some images I had printed.

I transferred a poem I had composed from found words, added two lines to it, and transferred it to a lovely piece of antique linen, gently laundered, sprayed with lavender water, and ironed. Although the original poem was composed from words cut out of old book pages, I chose to write this version by hand because I wanted it to look like a first draft to suit the antique look of the whole piece.





Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

2 comments:

  1. beautiful! I love anything with the written word on it & this is so lovely in it's simplicity ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the consistency of the theme. Very nice. Also your post (2 back) about theme and color, I found some pink -variety of shades- water color sheets I forgot I had. I think I will dig them out again and see where pink takes me. Always a joy to visit your blog!
    xxox,
    jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.