Pages

Thursday, May 08, 2014

Where the hand goes, the eye follows; where the eye goes the mind follows; where the mind goes, the heart follows, and thus is born expression. (Sanskrit writing)

With me, however, it often begins with the eye. Some time ago, I saw an assemblage with scissors that I loved and only made a mental note of it so I don't remember who made it. It got filed away in the little cabinet of curiosities in the back of my mind.

Then, at Glitter Market last week, on Terri's (Junk Seeker) table, I saw a pair of scissors, old and rusted, that brought to mind said assemblage. The odds were against me finding that size and that old, so I took it as a sign. I brought them home, found a frame, painted it, and made this layout to see what it would look like. I'm not sure whether I want the scissors open or closed. Also, I'm hoping that hot glue will be enough to keep the scissors in place....

Assemblage for a sewing room



Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

7 comments:

  1. Colette, I love your assemblage and personally like the scissors open ... creates movement. And no, hot glue probably won't hole the scissors forever. You could try some sort of epoxy but I'd be more inclined to sew them on using thin wire or even thread. nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jen. I was skeptical about the hot glue. I will take your suggestion -- much better!

      Delete
  2. Love it!!!! If you are ever inclined to visit the desert, we have a vintage junk market twice a year. I will take you treasure hunting. For the glue...what about E6000?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vesna. My expert friend (Terri, from whom I got the scissors) agrees with you. So E6000 it is! xo

      Delete
  3. Anonymous2:48 p.m.

    hello Colette

    happy to see that you had a great time in Oklahoma!

    your work is always an inspiration to me....I'm creating again...back to blogging and working on my shop, you saw me through my dry spell, so thank you for doing what you do. xo




    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're an inspiration, too, Carmelina. xo

      Delete
    2. Anonymous10:20 p.m.

      merci beaucoup mon amie!
      xo

      ciao bella
      cc

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.