Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

The tube of paint went to Sock Heaven.

Sometimes, things just disappear. Like socks in the dryer. In this case, it was a tube of orange paint. I'm methodical about my paint; it goes from table to basket and back again, and I've been doing that for years. So when the tube disappeared, I was mystified. I mixed colours to get orange, but I hankered after the lost tube anyway. After weeks of intermittent searching I gave up, and bought another. I wouldn't be surprised if the missing tube decides to show up now....


Then there are those disappointing products. I saw this tape and thought it would be perfect for a project. I hesitated: 3 feet (it says 36 inches on the package) for $6.00. (These costs have to be factored into the price of the finished product.) In the end, I gave in. When I took it out of its package, it seemed shorter than 3 feet so I measured it.It was 34 inches, and unfortunately those two missing inches were crucial to my project.


 And then, I struggled with this duo. So thin that it splits and tears in places you don't want it to, like in the centre, and you have to search and scratch (because it's transparent and you can't see where the tear is, ending up in a waste of tape... let's just say that the frustration was *&^%$#@*-making.



And now for the good news, because there's always a silver lining. I found fabric tape at mantofev.com, vintage and far, far better value, and ordered it.




Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

7 comments:

  1. Happy you continued onward and found your silver! It is always there, but sometimes hard to see~ Happy Friday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what... you mean orange isn't a primary?

    : )

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hunting for things is a way of life for me. Being organized is not in my skill set. BUT, I am cleaning up my studio today. ( it doesn't help that Eva is always "borrowing" art supplies)
    Have a great day!
    xxox,
    jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been unhappy with the TH tape that I've bought. It takes a lot of tape to get a decent piece out of it. And it's not cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello. Thank you for coming over to my little place on the great almighty internet and leaving such a nice comment. I have never seen your blog before, it is absolutely lovely. This is why we must comment because then we get led to all kinds of amazing places we didn't know existed. I have been painting with orange this week and it is impossible to mix a good one isn't it? I thought it was just me. I love my shop bought orange gouache. It's got more zing than I can make with yellows and reds. I shall be following your progress now. {*}waves from London{*}

    ReplyDelete
  6. on mixing colors, get a fairly good Mango with a certain golden yellow and bright red so i am never out of mango, just the chutney!
    thanks for the link to the vintage tape and things.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.