Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

 The more I imagined colours for the boat, the more my feeling was to leave it alone. So I painted it white. With a couple of small touches. The wing migrated to the other side (Crow is using it as an oar to ply the waters...). It's never my intention to be accurate. It's called artistic licence..haha. In the end, it just has to please my eye. I recently discovered that in Native American tradition, my birth date corresponds to Raven. It may explain why I play around with birds so much....


 

Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

2 comments:

  1. A wonderful piece Colette!
    Cheers,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a little boat at the end of the summer. It kind of looks like this. But it is brown ( ugh) . The first thing that I do next summer will be to paint it. ( white, or light turquoise) and name it ( unfathomable?) but I like this name... hiatus. It is on my short list now. I hope that you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.