Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A perennial question is: Where do you get your inspiration. One of the "wheres" is the Masters. I have some favourites that I've loved since I was a girl, and they continue to inspire me and push me to paint, and more. One of them is Edward Hopper; I've mentioned him before. These are a few of them:

Milton Avery

Matisse

Vuillard

Arturs Akopjans

 They fill my eyes, and they fill my soul.


Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

3 comments:

  1. Their influence definitely shows in your work, Colette :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some very well chosen masters indeed! You're in good company. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so lovely to see and reflect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.