Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Continuing with monoprints, I wanted to try something a little more involved. I drew some birds with a white pencil onto black cardstock and cut them out.


 The mask is now ready for printing. After I roll paint on the Gelli with a brayer, mixing the paints (white and raw umber) and making marks on it, I place the mask over it, cover that with printmaking paper, or lightweight watercolour paper, and burnish with my hands. Then I carefully peel it off. Which is probably why it's called a hand-pulled print.


 I never really know what's going to happen, and that's part of the attraction!


Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

3 comments:

  1. Yes... These are working out beautifully! I'm signing up for this workshop immediately! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nearly missed these Colette and they are fabulous

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.