Pages

Saturday, May 25, 2013

 I've always been intrigued by monoprinting. At one time I tried it, using a piece of glass, but it was messy and my results were not good. Because I had some credit at a local store, I decided to get the Gelli printing plate. I made some masks with ordinary paper, cutting out shapes that I wanted to use and gave it a try. I think, with practice, I can really get into this.

First try: keeping it simple.




Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

1 comment:

  1. I love monoprinting-did quite a lot of it in school (I mean high school, I've only had a few credit hours of college art)- must give the Gelli plate a try. I have printed from paper as well- scratching off ink-love the whole printing process, including screen printing, which I have the most experience in.
    Enough of me-your print is lovely-can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.