Pages

Friday, February 01, 2013

When I first started painting, my Parisian aunt was very happy because she loved art. One of the first things I sketched was a copy of a Don Quixote sketch by Picasso that hung in her living room. She liked it and encouraged me; one thing she drilled into me was to go outside the lines, to loosen my grip. It took some practice, and it's probably the best lesson I learned.



 I'm a dog person. But I love sketching cats! Meow.

 
Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

4 comments:

  1. In sewing as well as painting-I find it so hard to unlearn the school lessons of staying in the lines and having even stitches!

    PS I am very proud of my French ancestry! :)

    Love your cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loosen the grip. Such good advice

    Love you CoCo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a cat person, so I love this. What a coincidence, you have a French aunt too : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a dog and cat person...and becoming quite attached to your art!!! Your lovely tags are hanging very gracefully along the top of the south window like a valance in my new art room.

    This cat is the cat's meow! Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.