Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

 When I'm feeling out of sorts, as I have been lately (mostly headachey, but it affects the mood too), I do this for relaxation. I stitch together a booklet and smoosh gouache paint on the pages. Whatever shapes come to mind. It's a sort of doodling with a paintbrush, I think. There's something about a brush loaded with paint gliding over paper. My sister gave me the Waterford glass paperweight decades ago. Little did she know how handy it would be for keeping paper down while the paint dries.


Be well, be safe, be happy.

Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

4 comments:

  1. i'm sending you wishes that you feel better soon, colette... xoxo (fellow lover of gouache, the feeling of a brush on paper, and smooshing)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be well, Be happy, Be creative, Be positive ... you are an inspiration! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:21 a.m.

    someone's having fun....in between the headaches!....just imagine your headache floating up, up and away....not in this direction though!!!

    Anon the Elder.....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope you feel better Colette!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.