Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

There is one area in which I have a lot of patience -- I say this because patience isn't my strong suit -- and that is when I leave a piece of cloth alone until the right time. This 35-inch-long table topper has been draped on the back of a chair for a long time. I knew I wanted to embroider it with words, but the words didn't show themselves until yesterday.

I mounted it à la Sibella Court -- with masking tape. Ideally it would be pinned in place.




Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

4 comments:

  1. I love that this is untitled, yet the sentiment is so haunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words are always so well chosen. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really gorgeous! Love that lace going across...

    People used to comment about my big, blue eyes when I was a child, but looking back at photos, Avery's eyes are about twice the size that mine were!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.